What is all the fuss about 1st birthdays anyway? Isn't it just a birthday like any other and does your baby even care about any of this? The answer is no and no. First Birthdays are once in a lifetime events and that makes them special. This is a time and opportunity to make lasting family memories and mark a major milestone in your child's life. One of the things that bring families closer is the making of lasting memories. Years from now as your child grows, pictures, and videos from this major event will always be a source of joy between you. whether you choose a small intimate gathering, a huge blowout event, or something in between, it is important to record this milestone in your child's life.
No, your baby has no idea what all the fuss is about at this early point of their lives but when they have the opportunity to look at pictures and/or videos of the event, they will see the love of your family for themselves and for the rest of the family. Look at it as a celebration of your child. Later birthday parties will focus on the child and their friends this 1st birthday milestone is about YOU and your baby. That is what this is all about!
So, how does one go about planning and executing a perfect 1st birthday event? You don't!!!! There is no such thing as the "perfect 1st birthday party"
There will be hiccups and mishaps but don't let that get in your way. Make a plan and follow your plan as closely as possible and you will be fine.
The first thing you need to do is decide what type of event you would like to host. Go to https://littlekeikiboutiki.com
to check out the beautiful outfits. This will give you some ideas on your choice of a party theme There will be photos of party theme ideas courtesy of Kara's Party Ideas there are so many beautiful parties there it will be hard to select one! And remember, LittleKeikiBouTiki can make a custom 1st birthday outfit to match your chosen theme. These custom birthday outfits are so special and we can make one that is just for you.
Once you have determined the type and size of the event, you can choose the theme and the 1st birthday outfit. Next, it will be on to the 1st birthday party decorations. There are many places to shop for party decorations. It really depends on the event you have planned and your budget. You can go all the way from the local dollar store to high end dedicated party stores. Head once again LittleKeikiBouTiki.com where you will find more information and a list of vendors. By all means, this is not an exhaustive list, there are many others but it is a place to start.
Now just a few basic ground rules to keep you headed in the right direction:
Making your baby happy and watching him enjoy himself is the top priority when it comes to birthdays, having an extensive guest list can be over stimulating, as babies are very aware of their surroundings, having a huge crowd can be startling for them. So make sure to invite your close relatives and family members that your child is familiar with along with others so that your child will feel safe and content.
- 2.Pick a birthday baby theme
In order to ease your planning process, choosing a party theme can grant you an overall perspective on how to make everything come together, It's really is quite simple, it can be based around an animal that your baby loves, a cartoon character that they’ve shown interest in, or simply a cute or a fun concept, like hot air balloons ballerinas, princesses, or anything that you think your baby would enjoy experiencing. You can also just pick something you like! After all your baby has limited experience in this.
- 3.Choose an outfit for the birthday Girl/Boy
Whether it’s a tutu with a colorful top, Disney themed outfit or a custom made ensemble for your baby boy, you have to make sure that your baby looks stylish and extra cute while they celebrate this important milestone in their life, and plus, it’ll make for great pictures to look back on.
- 4. Before it gets all messy and crowded, make sure to take pictures of your little one in his cute outfit, with a 1st birthday balloon or a sign that shows his or her age, while he is all clean and fresh looking, because when the guests arrive, you’ll be too busy hosting and welcoming everyone! You might consider hiring or appointing a photographer for these oh so important
- 5. Cut down on the number of guests who are invited. Making your baby happy and watching him enjoy himself is the top priority when it comes to birthdays, having an extensive guest list can only do harm, as babies are not very aware of their surroundings, having a huge crowd can only be startled them or can lead to unnecessary hissy fits, so make sure to only invite your close relatives and family members, And have an intimate party that would keep your baby calm and happy.
- 2.Pick a birthday baby theme. In order to ease your planning process, choosing a party theme can grant you An overall perspective on how to do things, And it's quite simple it can be wrapped around an animal that your baby loves, a cartoon character that they’ve shown interest in, Or simply a cute or a fun Concept that you think kids would enjoy experiencing.
- 3.Make sure to cater to everyone of all ages.Baby proof your house! If that’s not already done, your guests would definitely appreciate some gates to protect their little ones from climbing on the stairs or reaching places that they shouldn’t be in, as for the adults, make sure to provide good food and a little buffet of sweets!
- 5.Be snappy with the pictures
Before it gets all messy and crowded, make sure to take pictures of your little one in his cute outfit, with a 1st birthday balloon or a sign that shows his or her age, while he is all clean and fresh looking, because when the guests arrive, you’ll be too busy hosting and welcoming everyone!
- 6.Colorful and amusing decorations
Babies love colors, and fun things that captivate their attention, so make sure to play with colors, although minimalism is king in adult parties, your baby 1st birthday party should only be filled with all the colors of the rainbow, from unicorns, animal-shaped balloons, to colorful cups, color is always a good idea.
- 7.Hire someone or appoint someone to photograph/videotape the party. Home videos are the only thing that gets us back to our childhood memories, and it never fails to make us smile, hiring a professional to videotape the party is definitely a great decision to make if you want your baby to look back on how fun you made his or her party seem, and what hey dressed and most of all, how you all looked like, time flies but it can be caught on video as a nice souvenir. But an appointed/designated photographer will do the job just fine.
- 8.Consider getting a babysitter. While this is definitely a privilege and not a necessity, hiring a babysitter can make organizing the birthday way more manageable, the kids will have an extra eye to look after them, and the parents can just enjoy themselves and let loose.
Conclusion .Enjoy yourself!
Planning birthdays can definitely be hard on you, all that stress to make everything perfect can make one forget the real reason for the celebration; your little baby is finally ONE! Make sure to enjoy this one in a lifetime opportunity because they sure do grow up fast, try to let it seep in, don't stress yourself, and enjoy!